Warwick Paradise Island – Bahamas scheduled to reopen July 1, 2020 with new “Warwick Cares” health and safety initiatives
Nightly All-Inclusive Rates Starting from $299 Per Couple
PARADISE ISLAND, The Bahamas (June 25, 2020) - The adults-only, all-inclusive Warwick Paradise Island - Bahamas will reopen to guests on July 1, 2020 to coincide with the country’s reopening of its borders to international travelers. As a member of the Warwick Hotels and Resorts family, the resort will implement the company’s new “Warwick Cares Program” with initiatives focused on hotel cleaning practices, social interactions and workplace protocols and designed to provide peace of mind to both guests and staff members.
“At Warwick Hotels and Resorts, our highest priority is the comfort, safety and health of our guests and colleagues and as such, we will be employing the highest standards in cleaning protocols for everyone’s well being,” said Benjamin Davis, General Manager of Warwick Paradise Island – Bahamas adding: “Our entire team is committed to providing the highest level of service our guests have come to expect from our resort. We look forward to welcoming back repeat guests and new visitors to Warwick Paradise Island.”
Through the Warwick Cares Program, all associates returning to work will be trained by the resort’s human resources department on the enhanced protocols, policies and procedures. They will sign a daily release form prior to being allowed to commence their shift and everyone will be outfitted with regulatory personal protective equipment (PPE).
Guests will experience new initiatives from the time they pull-up to the resort until their departure. Under the Warwick Cares Program, following are some of the protocols that have been implemented. The full list is available https://www.warwickhotels.com/warwick-paradise-island-bahamas/warwick-cares-program.
- Masks – guests must wear a mask at all times while at the resort with exemptions including while consuming food and beverages while sunbathing on a lounge chair, or in their rooms.
- Guest Arrival – guests will be dropped off at the front entrance or directed to a parking space if they have their own transportation. Anyone arriving at the resort will undergo a temperature screening. Bellmen will meet guests who need luggage assistance and they will have gloves and other appropriate PPE. Bell carts are sanitized between guests. The entry will be marked for appropriate social distancing and hand sanitizers are stationed for guest use.
- Reception / Front Desk – signs will mark the path to the reception desk with place holders to encourage one-way guest flow and social distancing. Partitions will separate guests and agents at each station. Employees will wear a face mask or cover and gloves. Room keys are completely sanitized prior to being provided to guests.
- Check-in (pre-paid) – In an effort to avoid a cluster of guests at reception, the resort is providing an optional Express Check-in for all guests with pre-paid reservations based on room availability. Guests will then return to reception later in the day based on arrival time to complete the registration.
- Check-in (non-prepaid) – requires full registration upon arrival with guests asked to provide an email address and consent allowing the staff to electronically provide hotel receipts. Credit card authorization and Express Check-out forms will be complete to minimize interactions.
- Departure – the team will reach out to guests regarding expected departure time allowing time to confirm transportation needs and minimize the gathering at the front door.
- Elevators - In an effort to minimize gathering around elevators, guests will be assigned rooms on lower floors first allowing for use of stairs as an alternative. Within the elevator signage will be posted to minimize contact, hand sanitizer will be available and tissues used to press the buttons.
- Guest Rooms – enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols are in-place including a 24-hour waiting period between guests. All linens and high touch areas are thoroughly cleaned with chemicals aimed at COVID-19 prevention. Housekeeping services have been modified for guests staying more than one-night including the suspension of daily cleaning unless specifically requested by guests to minimize interaction. Unnecessary items for each guest room have been removed to avoid high touch surfaces. Some high touch items will be available upon request and will be single use. Coffee machines will be available in guest rooms with amenities available by request and placed outside guest room door.
- Food and Beverage – during this time, buffet service has been suspended in all restaurants in compliance with local government regulations. Restaurant floor plans and seating arrangements have been revised to allow for physical distancing. All items have been removed from table to avoid high touch surfaces and are available upon request. Physical menus have been discontinues and replaced by versions available on personal mobile devices. Limited take-out service is available with details provided at the front desk.
- Concierge – guests make restaurant reservations at the concierge desk. Partitions will separate guests and agents at each station with employees will wear face masks / covering and gloves. Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- Fitness Center – to minimize interaction, four guests will be allowed to use the fitness center at one time. Reservations must be made prior to using to allow for additional sanitizing and management of time allocated between visits.
- Swimming Pool – seating around the pool with be reconfigured to allow at least six feet of distance between guests.
- Amber Spa – a limited number of guests will be allowed in Amber Spa to minimize interaction. Reservations must be made prior to using the spa.
- Hot Tub – the hot tub will not be in operation.
Clean & Pristine, Responding to COVID-19
Warwick Paradise Island will also adhere to the guidelines detailed in the Ministry of Tourism’s “Clean & Pristine, Responding to COVID-19” program aimed at all tourism related, customer-facing entities in The Bahamas announced as part of the Tourism Readiness and Recovery Plan on June 2, 2020.
Prior to opening the resort had to complete a self assessment health and safety plan that was submitted to the Ministry of Tourism. As a result, the resort was approved for pre-certification as COVID-19 compliant thereby allowing the resort to reopen for bookings. The resort’s management team is seeking the full certification offered by the Ministry so the hotel can be recognized as operating in compliance with the new essential measures. The full certification is pending an inspection by the Ministry.
As part of the government’s Tourism Readiness and Recovery Plan, travelers must adhere to the current policies and procedures which are evolving in response to COVID-19 trends.
- Due to the recent increase of COVID-19 cases in the U.S., and in an abundance of caution for the health and safety of both travelers and residents, all incoming visitors must present a COVID-19 RT-PCR Negative (Swab) Test upon arrival. Results must be no more than ten (10) days old.
- All travelers will be required to complete an electronic Health Visa found via https://travel.gov.bs/
- No quarantine will be required upon arrival, however, travelers who show symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an area away from other passengers for further testing and evaluation.
- At airports and seaports, healthcare personnel will conduct temperature screenings for all incoming visitors. Travelers will be required to wear a face mask in any situation where it is necessary to enforce physical distancing guidelines, such as when entering and transiting air and sea terminals, while navigating security and customs screenings, and at baggage claim.
Additional details about on-island protocols can be found at www.bahamas.com/travelupdates.
Nightly Rates from $299 Per Couple
Warwick Paradise Island - Bahamas is offering a selection of special offers with rates starting from US$299 per couple, per night based on accommodations in an Island View room. The resort’s special offers can be viewed and booked via https://www.warwickhotels.com/warwick-paradise-island-bahamas/offers. Rates vary according to promotion booked, travel dates and room category selected.
In addition to the website, travelers can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-645-5550 (toll-free U.S. and Canada) / 242-363-2560 (elsewhere).
An all-inclusive vacation feature all meals and snacks; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages; use of the 24-hour, fully-equipped fitness centre (limited to four guests at a time); daily activities, including tennis, horseshoes and use of bicycles; nightly entertainment; as well as gratuities, taxes, surcharges and 12% Value Added Tax (VAT).
The resort charges a US$10 net, per person, per night, resort fee that is not included in the room rate, is collectable at the hotel upon check-in and is inclusive of 12% VAT.
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas
Set along Nassau Harbour with views of Nassau and Paradise Island, the adults-only, all-inclusive Warwick Paradise Island – Bahamas features 250 rooms across five room categories, a white-sand harbour beach, five dining options, two bars, a fully-equipped fitness centre, entertainment and activities, an on-site gift shop and a tour desk offering sightseeing options to the destination’s attractions. The resort is a 30-minute drive from Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport. World-famous Cabbage Beach is a 10-minute walk away with dining and shopping nearby.
Amber Spa Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmberSpaParadiseIsland
Amber Spa Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amberspaparadiseisland
About Warwick Hotels and Resorts
Warwick Hotels and Resorts (WHR) was launched in 1980 with the purchase of Warwick New York, a hotel originally built by William Randolph Hearst for his Hollywood friends. The WHR Group now includes more than 55 prestigious Hotels, Resorts & Spas worldwide located in city centres and resort destinations in the United States, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Bali, the South Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Further details can be found at www.warwickhotels.com.
Theresa M. Oakes / T.Oakes@KTCpr.com
Telephone: (516) 714-5338