The Islands of The Bahamas Lands Top Spots at The World Travel Awards
NASSAU, Bahamas – The World Travel Awards, held at Sandals Royal Bahamian, is acknowledged across the globe as the ultimate travel accolade and celebrates brands and destinations that are pushing the boundaries of industry excellence and often referred to as “The Oscars of the Travel Industry.
Photo Credit: Kemuel Stubbs
The Islands of The Bahamas was named the Caribbean’s Leading Luxury Island Destination at the 2019 World Travel Awards. “For The Bahamas to be awarded this particular accolade, especially on the tail of Hurricane Dorian, there was an overwhelming sense of pride from every Bahamian in the room”, remarked Joy Jibrilu, Director General of The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, “so on behalf of all Bahamians, I am thrilled to accept such a prestigious award” she concluded.
Met with a standing ovation was the presentation of the Caribbean’s leading airline 2019, awarded to the nation’s official flag carrier, Bahamasair. Jibrilu noted that despite the airline’s notable challenges, the determination to provide top class service never wavered and the hard work paid off.
It was an exciting evening of glitz and glamour for The Islands of The Bahamas, snagging seven awards in total in several prestigious categories before an audience of travel and tourism leaders from across the Caribbean & North American region.
- Bahamas’ Leading All Inclusive- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Bahamas Leading Luxury Resort – The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort
- Caribbean’s Leading All Inclusive- Sandals Emerald Bay Resort
- Caribbean’s Leading Airline- BahamasAir
- Caribbean’s Leading Casino Resort- Atlantis, Paradise Island
- Bahamas’ Leading Resort- Atlantis, Paradise Island
- Bahamas’ Leading Hotel Suit- Bridge Suit at The Royal Towers, Atlantis
All award winners will attend the World Travel Awards Grand Final in Kenya in 2020