Bahamas Ministry of Tourism Vision and Mission Statements
The Ministry of Tourism will be a global industry leader in destination marketing and management, contributing sustainably to a thriving national economy.
The Ministry of Tourism will achieve its vision through an holistic approach that is research, data, and technology-driven.
In doing so, the Ministry will encourage and facilitate:
i. the provision of exceptional authentic experiences to visitors, with an emphasis on stopover tourism; and
ii. the increase of ownership opportunities for Bahamians and benefits for stakeholders.
Key Organisational Priorities (2022):
The Ministry of Tourism will:
1. Aggressively grow stop over arrivals, continually engaging new source markets;
2. Focus on the luxury segment and key niche markets;
3. Inspire visitors to return to The Bahamas as lifelong brand ambassadors;
4. Consider the relative value of source markets and niches, when determining priority of focus;
5. Be accountable for results through monitoring and evaluation against best practices;
6. Provide continuous learning and training for staff;
7. Improve the infrastructure and quality of life available to all Bahamians.