The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation to Attend Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 26-30 October
NASSAU, Bahamas, 25 October 2022 – The Islands of The Bahamas will once again be prominently displayed at the 63rd Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS), 26-30 October, to promote the boating sector in the country.
Owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) and produced by Informa Markets, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is recognised as the largest in-water boat show in the world. FLIBS will exhibit a vast array of the industry's latest boats and yachts of all sizes, worldwide debuts, plus a medley of marine products and accessories to enhance the nautical lifestyle. The show is expected to attract thousands of boating enthusiasts from the U.S. and around the world.
John Pinder, Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation along with Dr. Kenneth Romer, Deputy Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation are expected to attend the show and meet with various manufacturers, influencers, members of the international media, investors and leading boating industry partners in attendance.
“Boating is a sector that is very important to The Bahamas especially as we continue to see significant arrivals to our islands by boat. To date we are more than 80% back to pre-pandemic levels”, said the Hon. I. Chester Cooper, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, investments & Aviation for The Islands of The Bahamas.
“FLIBS is an incredible opportunity for us to showcase the expansive offerings we have available in this space, while networking with key industry partners, media and more. We look forward to another successful year of promoting our partners and experiences to boating enthusiasts in Fort Lauderdale”.
With Florida being the largest source market for the boating sector, the team led by Exec Director Bridgette King and Senior Director Greg Rolle are geared up for an influx of inquiries for boating season 2023. In fact, according to Senior Director Rolle, this is perhaps one of the most significant shows of the year and will be an indicator of how the next year will perform. We have a record number of stakeholders at the show this year and by all indications we are confident that 2023 will be another banner year for boating.
For those attending the event in Fort Lauderdale, The Bahamas will have a presence throughout the weekend. Highlights include:
- FLIBS Booth: Guests are encouraged to stop by The Bahamas booth located in the main tent at booth #23 to learn about the latest offerings and developments across the boating sector.
- FLIBS Seminars: Attendees will have access to two seminars hosted by The Bahamas:
- (28 Oct.): Boating to The Bahamas: Hosted by Grant Johnson, Bahamas Boating Ambassador and Jonathan Lord, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation (BMOTIA) Tourism Ambassador, the seminar will take place at 4 p.m. in the Broward County Convention Center.
- (29 Oct.): Boating to The Bahamas: Hosted by Robert Brousseau, Bahamas Boating Ambassador and Jonathan Lord, BMOTIA Tourism Ambassador, the seminar will take place at 4 p.m., at the Broward County Convention Center.
- FLIBS Happy Hour: In partnership with Staniel Cay Yacht Club and Makers Air, The Islands of The Bahamas will be hosting a happy hour on-site. Trade show goers can stop by The Bahamas booth (#23) on 29 Oct. between 2-3 p.m. for Bahamian bites, Bahama Mama cocktails and to interact with Junkanoo greeters.
- And More: The Bahamas will be featured at the evening event experience hosted by Worth Avenue Yachts at the yacht docks. Attendees will have the opportunity to experience a taste of Junkanoo, as well as Graycliff’s famed cigar rolling and sampling.
- Among the many messages promoted at the show, boaters will get a chance to sign up early for the popular 2023 boating flings and yacht charter brokers will be invited to participate in the Bahamas Yacht Charter Show Feb 2023.
The full list of this year’s participating Bahamas partners and exhibitors will include: Romora Bay Hotel & Marina, Odyssey Aviation Bahamas, Makers Air, Staniel Cay Yacht Club, Sandals Emerald Bay, Atlantis Paradise Island, Bay Street Marina, Valentines Resort, Grand Bahama Yacht Club, Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, Kalik, 3N’s Exuma Vacations, Bahamas National Trust, Bahamasair, Bluff House Resort & Marina, Nassau Yacht Haven, Neal Watson Bimini Scuba Center, Tropic Ocean Airways, Silver Airways, Buzz Air, Bradford Marine, Bimini Big Game Club, Abaco Beach Resort, Graycliff Hotel, Sterling Financial Group, Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina, Montage Cay Cape and Eleuthera Resort & Marina.
For more information, please visit www.FLIBS.com and www.Bahamas.com/boating
ABOUT THE BAHAMAS
The Bahamas has over 700 islands and cays, as well as 16 unique island destinations. Located only 50 miles off the coast of Florida, it offers a quick and easy way for travellers to escape their everyday. The island nation also boasts world-class fishing, diving, boating and thousands of miles of the Earth’s most spectacular beaches for families, couples and adventurers to explore. See why It’s Better in The Bahamas at www.bahamas.com or on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram
Director, Global Communications
Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation